“The Doctor of the future will give no medicine but will interest his patients in the care of the human frame, in diet, and in the cause and prevention of disease.”
- Anatomy and an understanding of the amazing structure of the spinal column, spinal cord and central nervous system.
- Physiology and cutting edge knowledge of the chemical reactions and processes that occur in your nervous system and how these keep your body working (or not).
- Biochemistry and how the chemical reactions in the nervous system change the chemical reactions in the rest of the body. A chiropractic adjustment can act as a catalyst for healthier body chemistry.
- Neurology and how the nervous system is the master controlling system of all other body systems. Chiropractic is capable of improving communication between nerve tissue and body tissue.
- The revolutionary science of psychoneuroimmunology and how the mysterious relationship between emotional state, the immune system and physical function is being unraveled (The Mind-Body connection).
- Clinical science through the review and refinement of the “best of the best” chiropractic techniques, culminating in this ultra-modern style of chiropractic.
- Evidence-based health care and how the effects of these new techniques are being measured and proven.
Chiropractic is not just about “bad backs”.
Spinal Subluxations can best be described as specific sites of spinal malfunction leading to irritation of the body’s central computer, the nervous system. The end result of this is separation from wholeness, an inability to experience full health or express your full potential.
Only vertebrates have an opiate receptor Brain Reward Cascade chemical mechanism which is a series of chemical reactions in the nervous system that allows them to experience a state of wellbeing.
Research published in one of the most respected psychiatry journals showed dramatically increased success in reducing anxiety and depression levels, and improved measurements of wellbeing, when Torque Release Technique (“TRT”) chiropractic adjustments were received.
TRT is the most up-to-date chiropractic technique available. It has been designed as part of scientific research into the health benefits of chiropractic. As such it is a mixture of the ”best-of-the-best” systems of chiropractic assessment and treatment.
What is involved with a TRT Adjustment?
Dr. Avtar Jassal will be checking your spinal column for areas where the nervous system is being damaged by subluxation and will deliver an adjustment using the Integrator instrument. It makes a clicking noise and will feel like a quick impulse into the muscles of your spinal column.
This reproduces what the hands were intended to do with much more specificity and less force than ever possible by hand. The Integrator delivers a specific frequency into the nerve endings of the spinal column, exactly where nerve function has become irritated.
A “jump start” for your body’s “electrical system”.
As such this is not so much a technique to manually stretch or realign your body. It is a technique to stimulate your nervous system in such a way that it will release and reduce tension, assisting your body to self-correct.
The Integrator instrument, fondly known as the “Endorphin Gun”, is a tool that was designed and built to reproduce what the hands intend to achieve during an adjustment. Originally it was manufactured for use in research only, but the advantages and benefits achieved when the results were measured lead to overwhelming demand for its use in private practice.
An Integrator adjustment is:
- PRECISE: When using an Integrator we can pinpoint the exact point on the spine that requires adjustment of nerve frequency.
- SPECIFIC: The force, frequency of energy, torque, speed and thrust provided by the Integrator have all been tailor-made to deliver the perfect amount of energy to help normalise nerve function.
- GENTLE: An Integrator adjustment can be delivered with the spine in a perfectly relaxed position with the perfect amount of force, whereas a traditional adjustment requires the spine to be stretched to a position of tension followed by the manual thrust by hand to sufficiently open the spinal joints to activate a nerve response.
- FAST: Because the Integrator has such a fast impulse and because we can adjust you in a perfectly relaxed position, a TRT adjustment can be extremely time efficient but still dramatically effective.
- EFFECTIVE: The benefits of Integrator adjustments have been measured by scientific research and this research has been published in major peer-reviewed medical journals.
- RELIABLE: The way that the Integrator delivers an adjustment is very consistent and reliable so that the right amount of force and energy is transmitted on each and every adjustment.
- CONSISTENT: The systems that are used in TRT and the features of the Integrator are very standardized which means that several practitioners using the same method can deliver the same results and experience.
Scientifically speaking, your spinal cord is a thick string of piezoelectric gel (electricity conducting jelly). The frequency it is working at is determined by the amount of tension and/or torsion being placed at either end of the “string”. Just like a guitar string, the tightness of the cord determines the tune that is being played.
TRT differs from many of the other chiropractic techniques in that it focuses a lot of attention to the “tuning pegs”: the strategic and vital connection points between the spinal cord and spinal column. As we gently and methodically adjust these areas of your spinal cord, we are changing the degree of tension in the central nervous system.
Hence, the skill of the chiropractor is to be able to tune your spinal cord to find some more beautiful notes – that is, a better level of tension.
When many people stand up after an adjustment, they notice that their vision seems clearer, the light or view seems sharper, their head feels lighter, their body feels looser etc. These are all reflections of your central nervous system operating at a better frequency. The Integrator is the high-tech tool that we use to tune your nervous system.